Built in 1909, Campbell's Covered Bridge is the last extant covered bridge in South Carolina. It was named for Alexander Lafayette Campbell, who owned and operated a grist mill at the site for many years.
Measuring 35 feet long and 12 feet wide, it crosses Beaverdam Creek on Pleasant Hill Road. Major restoration was done on the bridge in 1966 and additional restoration was done in 1990 to preserve this excellent example of a four-span Howe truss, featuring diagonal timbers and vertical iron rods. The bridge is closed to vehicle traffic, but pedestrians may cross and examine the structure.
Follow Highway 14 North (North Main Street) to Highway 414. Turn left and proceed to Pleasant Hill Road. Turn left onto Pleasant Hill Road, then right onto Campbell's Covered Bridge Road.