- You Are Here:
Public Input sought for W. Poinsett Street project
The success of the “road diet” – or lane-reduction plan – on N. Main Street in Greer has the City of Greer and S.C. Department of Transportation now eyeing a similar approach to a stretch of W. Poinsett Street.
The lane-reduction plan is gaining popularity in cities for improved safety benefits to pedestrians and traffic flow for drivers as dedicated turn lanes do not delay through traffic. A traffic study on W. Poinsett Street indicated that reducing the current four lanes to two through lanes and a center turn lane would provide the same benefits as seen on N. Main Street since that work was completed in 2022.
The proposed plan would affect W. Poinsett Street between N. Main Street and Middleton Way.
A drop-in style meeting with City officials and the Kimley-Horn design team is planned for November 16 from 5-7 p.m. at Greer City Hall with project displays for review and discussion. Residents are invited to drop in at Hall C anytime during that meeting.
Participants will have an opportunity to provide written comments on the proposed plan at the meeting. Written comments will be also accepted through Dec. 17 by email to SGrant@cityofgreer.org or regular mail to Steve Grant, 301 E. Poinsett St., Greer, SC 29651.
Additional information is available by contacting Grant at 848-2181.
View the proposed scope of work
What We Do
City Engineer Steve Grant and Assistant City Engineer Robert Roux are responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing City of Greer construction projects.
- Administering the City of Greer Street Paving program and road, sidewalk and drainage improvement projects.
- Reviewing all development plans to ensure compliance with City of Greer development standards and stormwater regulations.
- Performing inspections of all new site, road and storm drainage system construction to ensure adherence to City of Greer development standards.
- Administer Encroachment Permits (street cuts) on City Streets (eTrakit User Manual, How to apply for a permit)
Do you need to report a concern?
- Streetlight Outage - Contact Greer CPW at 848-5500 or visit their Outage Page
- Report a pothole - Call Public Services at 848-2184 or visit the Online Reporting Portal
- Report a road paving problem - Call the Engineering Department ay 848-2182 or visit the Online Reporting Portal
- Report a drainage issue - Call Public Services at 848-2184 or visit the Online Reporting Portal
- Report a garbage pickup issue - Call Public Services at 848-2184 or visit the Online Reporting Portal
113A Berry Ave.
Greer, SC 29651
Phone: : 864-479-0969
Steve GrantDepartment Head & City EngineerPhone: 864-848-2181