Youth Summer Camps
Families have two options for summer camp with the City of Greer: Camp Greer and Camp Needmore.
*REGISTRATION PACKETS AVAILABLE NOW!
2021 Registration Dates (online and in office):
3/15- City of Greer Residents ONLY (pay city taxes, have City of Greer Trash service)
3/22- Open to all (residents and non residents)
If you need assistance in knowing if you are a resident of the City of Greer or not, please visit the City of Greer GIS link (https://gismaps.cityofgreer.org/MappingApplication/) or call our office at 864-848-2190.
We strongly encourage to sign up online this year with that option rather than in person! Tips for online registration:
1) Set up your online account in advance (https://secure.rec1.com/SC/greer-sc/catalog)
2) Register the adult first! Then add your child(ren) under your name.
3) When Registration begins on 3/15 at 8am, log into your account, add your summer camp of choice to your cart, follow the prompts to checkout. You will be required to pay for your transaction at that time, no holds will be allowed without payment.
4) All participants will have to show proof of residency or your transaction will be canceled and denied.
Camp Greer is a fun, high-energy camp in which kids stay on the move. Each camper is in an age-appropriate group of 15-25 children. Campers enjoy field trips for such activities as skating, bowling, water park fun and jump zone activities. The camp is based at Victor Gymnasium, where campers participate in team games, arts and crafts, or free play. Lunch is provided through the school district or campers may bring their own meal.
- Drop-off: Begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Pick-up: No later than 6 p.m.
- Cost: $50 for residents / $70 for non-residents. This cost includes all field trips and lunch. If your child requires extra money for concessions, etc. on trips you can send that with them to camp and give to a counselor.
Our counselors are made up of local teachers and college students and we typically have six-seven counselors present each day.
Camp Needmore offers many of the same amenities as Camp Greer mentioned above, but is held at the Needmore Community Center and is a partially grant-funded camp. Families must qualify for this camp based on their income level. The cost of this camp is $20 for City residents and $40 for non-residents.
Camp Dates & Registration
Both camps operate annually from early June until early August, closing the week of July 4 in observance of the holiday. Registration for both camps is open to children ages 6 through 12 and begins in early March for City of Greer residents and mid-March for non-residents. Registrations are accepted at the City Operations Center located at:
446 Pennsylvania Avenue
Greer, SC 29650
Option 1: Submit a Summer Camp Packet (correctly completed) and pay in full for 8 weeks of camp online or in office.
Option 2: (In office only) Submit a Summer Camp Packet (correctly completed) and pay the first-week payment. Also, a $10 deposit is required to hold a spot for any additional week that a child will attend. Our camps register by the week to account for vacations, specialty camps, etc. After registration is complete, you will have until late May to pay the rest of your camp balance. If your balance is not paid by the late May deadline, your child will be removed from camp and a refund will be sent to your house.
2021 Summer Camp Registration Packets: These packets can be picked up at the City Operations Center located at 446 Pennsylvania Avenue in Greer, or you can download them here:
2021 Registration dates: March 15 (residents), March 22 (non-residents). Registration will be online and in-office on these dates.
If you have any further questions, please contact Justin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org