New Residents

If you have recently made your home in the City of Greer or are considering a move, you probably already know about the friendly people and the high quality of life in the community. But relocating to a new city can be a daunting task, so this page is designed to help answer questions you may have and point you in the proper direction for additional information.


Electricity, natural gas, water, and wastewater is handled by the Greer Commission of Public Works (CPW) located at 301 McCall Street. Call CPW at 864-848-5500 with any questions about utility services or residential connections.

Trash Collection & Recycling

The City of Greer's Public Services Department oversees distribution of trash receptacles. The City also makes available a  Convenience Center on Buncombe Street to dispose of recyclables. Please call the department at 864-848-2184 with any questions.


From kindergarten to college, students in the City of Greer are prepared for a love of learning and a lifetime of success. Public schools operate through the Greenville County School District. Greenville Technical College's modern Benson Campus offers convenient access to core programs in visual and performing arts, physical therapy, occupational therapy, health information management, personal training, and massage therapy.


Whether you prefer a morning newspaper, the evening news on television, or an online visit any time of the day, local media will keep you up to date on news and events happening in the City of Greer.

Parks & Recreation

The City of Greer's Parks and Recreation Department has been recognized as one of the leading agencies in the state. Take a look at some of the programs the department offers to residents of all ages.


The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport is located south of the City of Greer's Central Business District and provides easy access to the city, as well as to locations across the Upstate.

Additional Resources